Monday, April 14, 2008

It really hasn't hit me yet.

My last day of a job I've worked for nearly 7 1/2 years is Thursday. I am leaving for Europe in six days. I am going on a national tour with the band as soon as I get back from Europe. I am starting graduate school in about two months.

Jeebus.

But today feels like every other day for the last couple of years. I'm in the office with the same people and we're talking about the same things. It's probably not going to hit me that I'm not coming back here until after I get back from my travels.

I'm wondering whether landing in Amsterdam will feel like landing in Tokyo, when things didn't miraculously become amazing the moment the tire hit the tarmac. I was expecting them to. Japan was incredible, but it wasn't really the life-changer I thought it would be. I hope I'm not getting my hopes up too high for this trip. I do that to myself.

2 comments:

a patron of the arts said...

I'll HIT you.

Anonymous said...

Vienna sucks. kinda... not really!!!

I am proud of you and jealous all at the same time.