Sunday, April 20, 2008

Seattle, Portland, plane, Amsterdam

The band played in Seattle on Friday, and it was snowing when we arrived. It was snowing when we drove home. It was ridiculous.

Seeing all those Turn-Ons again was soooooo nice. As Nate and I stood and watched them play "Robert Altman," we exchanged gasps and jaw drops, generally freaking out about how good they are. Freaking out about how totally and completely effing good they are. It's been far too long, and they've got so much talent. We wished we lived in the same city as them.

And, just to be clear, we would have had Hypatia Lake's backs if those drunk dudes started throwing punches. Charmparticles are just waiting to release our crazy blinding-speed strike-you-in-your-insides-before-you-know-we're-coming-for-you fists. That's right. Or, we're really excited to get the shit kicked out of us by some bros. The whole thing would have been a glorious shoegazer's brawl, and it would have been hilarious. For some reason, I picture it all choreographed. Shoegaze street battle? Yes.

I'm getting on a plane bound for Amsterdam at 4pm today. At this very moment, I'm pretty stoked that I got most of the stuff I needed to do done yesterday. Just a bit of laundry left to dry. I'm having a leisurely morning. It's nice.

Next you hear from me, I'll be in the Netherlands... taking in canals and waffles. I'm too excited to type.

I managed to get my bag down to 30 lbs. That's a big deal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a fantastic trip Rooney!!!

xoxo - Kristie

Knauffers said...

i had no idea. i'll be expecting details. juicy ones. love you oodles

knauffers

a patron of the arts said...

For some reason, taking in canals sounds so gross to me.