Saturday, May 3, 2008

Another two items

When I turned the water on in the shower this morning, the pressure was enough to push the handheld nozzle thing that I had cleverly pointed down and to the side, up and to the other side, right out of the sliding shower door and directly into my face. For a shocking moment I had no idea what was going on, and then for another shocking moment I stuck my hand out to shut the water off. When I couldn't reach it, I finally got hold of the nozzle and pointed it inward, I sat there for a moment, hair dripping with cold water, and contemplated Rooney's Law (Murphy was an optimist). I should have known then what the day would be like.

Also, I'm about at the end of my rope with "queue jumpers." I think every line I was in today, there were line cutters. Someone may get an elbow to the nose soon. Or at least a stern word from a tired, angry American who follows reasonably established social norms. My inflamed American worldview of reasonably established social norms is indignant. Maybe I'll start speaking in tongues and yell at them that way. Maybe they'll think I'm a crazy Hungarian or something... I hear Hungarians tend to be aggressive, so maybe they'd be scared into submission.

3 comments:

a patron of the arts said...

Hi PEEMS! I haven't read your recent posts because I am a dill-hole. I thought I'd simply leave you another two of my OWN items:

1. Miss you.
2. The Mitten got FOUR teeth pulled!!! (uh, by a vet-not by me!)


CIAO!

TT said...

Oh, jeebus, the queue jumpers. That was/is a European pet peeve of mine, too! bastards!

Krissy said...

Did you remember your first dream in the new city?

LOVE YOU!