Saturday, May 10, 2008

Hellz of bells of burls of bowls

I was sitting downstairs having one hell of a calzone (they truly believe in garlic folks, much to the chagrin of whoever will be sharing my airspace tomorrow), and out of nowhere, bells started ringing.

Now, roaming all over the continent exposes a person to a lot of bells... ringing all the time. On the hour, on the quarter, half and three-quarters hours. All the damn time. And it's kind of nice.

But all the bells in all of Switzerland (or so it seemed) started pealing at once, and they didn't stop. Must have been for 15 minutes (or 30... I had a whole liter of beer with my calzone and that's a decent amount for your dear PR!). And it was LOUD and GLORIOUS!

But when the last clapper of the last lonely bell made the last metallic "ong" sound, I felt my trip was over. That's what I needed... to go out on an "ong."

Ciao tutti. See you at home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lost you! Have a good flight home!